Global Headhunting & Recruitment Solutions in Mexico
Why create a global recruitment strategy?
Creating a global recruitment strategy is essential for businesses that operate in multiple countries or regions. Such a strategy can help a business find the best talent from around the world, while also ensuring that they are following applicable laws and regulations.
- 1. Helps to standardize the recruitment process across different locations and ensure that all candidates are subject to the same criteria and standards. This helps to ensure a level playing field, reduce bias, and ensure that the best talent is identified. It also helps to ensure that a business is compliant with applicable laws, such as anti-discrimination laws, and can demonstrate due diligence in their hiring practices.
- 2. It enables businesses to attract talent from different cultures and backgrounds, which can help to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. This can lead to a range of benefits, such as improved engagement, higher productivity, and better customer service.
- 3. It can help ensure that a business is able to identify the right skills and qualifications for the roles they are seeking to fill. By having a standardized recruitment process, businesses can ensure that they are selecting the right candidates for the right roles.
Why hire talents in Mexico?
There are several reasons why companies may choose to hire talents in Mexico:
- Cost savings: Labor costs in Mexico can be significantly lower than in other countries, making it an attractive option for companies looking to save money on wages and benefits.
- Proximity to the U.S.: Mexico’s location makes it a convenient option for companies with operations in the United States or other parts of North America. This proximity can also make it easier to manage cross-border operations and supply chains.
- Skilled workforce: Mexico has a large and growing pool of skilled workers, particularly in industries such as manufacturing, technology, and engineering. Many workers in Mexico are bilingual, which can also be an advantage for companies with a presence in both Spanish- and English-speaking markets.
- Government incentives: The Mexican government offers a range of incentives to companies looking to invest in the country, including tax breaks, subsidies, and other forms of support.
- Cultural similarity: Mexico’s cultural similarities with the U.S. and other Western countries can make it easier for companies to do business there, particularly in terms of communication and collaboration.
How much does it cost to hire talent in Mexico?
According to some estimates, the average salary for a professional job in Mexico is around 300,000 to 400,000 Mexican pesos per year, which is equivalent to roughly $15,000 to $20,000 USD per year. This would translate to an average monthly salary of approximately $1,250 to $1,667 USD.
Employee labor laws in Mexico
Working Hours in Mexico
In Mexico, the standard working hours are 48 hours per week, with a maximum of 8 hours per day. The standard workweek is typically Monday through Friday, with Saturdays considered a workday in some industries. Mexican labor law requires that employees receive one day off for every six days worked, or a total of at least one day off per week.
As of 2022, the minimum wage in Mexico is 141.70 Mexican pesos per day, which is equivalent to roughly $7.25 USD per day. However, many jobs pay significantly more than the minimum wage, particularly in skilled industries such as manufacturing, technology, and engineering.
Type of Tax
Progressive rates from 1.92% to 35% depending on income level
Social Security Taxes
6.5% of employee salary for healthcare and 2% for retirement
2.8-5.4% depending on location and size of company
Hire the best talent in Mexico with EER Global
EER Global offers a thorough, personalized, and expert approach to sourcing top talent for your organization. By carefully evaluating and pinpointing the ideal candidate for your specific role, they can spare you the time and resources that would otherwise be wasted on hiring the wrong person.
Leveraging their industry expertise and extensive network, they are adept at identifying the most outstanding candidates in the job market, enabling you to promptly and effectively fill your positions. Moreover, they can provide valuable insights and guidance on the recruitment process, empowering you to make informed decisions that align with your business objectives. If you are seeking to recruit in Mexico, do not hesitate to reach out to EER Global’s dedicated team of professionals for further details.